I've finished writing the code to scan a folder (and its subfolders) for .ldimg files. Unit tests written also.
Once I finished this task, I couldn't think of what to work on next so I decided I needed a project tracker. My IRC buddy, ScottD, has been pestering me for literally years about how awesome RedMine is so I installed it. It was relatively painless as part of Ubuntu 10.04
Check it out here. It has very minimal stuff.
Also I've decided on a code name for the VLDP-HW project. The name will be Dexter, to continue the tradition set by the Daphne project. Dexter is a little easier to say than VLDP-HW.