Saturday, March 5, 2011

VLDP-HW Project Introduced

Back in 2009, I embarked upon an ambitious project to prolong the life of classic laserdisc arcade games (such as Dragon's Lair) by attempting to replace the unreliable and old laserdisc players (and associated laserdiscs) with modern, reliable hardware.

I called this project the Virtual Laserdisc Hardware (VLDP-HW), sometimes referred to as VLDP (although this can be ambiguous since my DAPHNE project uses the term VLDP to mean something entirely different).

I made good progress and chronicled my progress in several videos:

After this point, I started working on a web config option to control the virtual laserdisc player, and got distracted on another more interesting project.

Well, I'm pleased to report that the Virtual Laserdisc Project is BACK ON after a 1.5 year hiatus :)

I intend to post updates here as I make them. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment