Friday, March 18, 2011

Some more Microzine disks to save...

Out of this lot, 29, 30, and 34 are done, although I did get some trouble with 34, disk 2, side A. Trying to do a disk archive produced I/O errors so I tried to do a file archive instead (since not all of the disk will be used by files) and all the files copied over successfully *phew*. So I'd say there's a 95% chance that this disk was fully recovered since I think Scholastic gave up on copy protection once they switched to a ProDOS model.

UPDATE: Looks like all the drama about the bad sectors on disk 34 was for nothing because I just realized that Chip had already sent me Microzine 34 and I already successfully saved it. Oh well, it was still exciting seeing the files copy successfully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment