Friday, August 24, 2012

Got abbreviated JPEG converted to full JPEG and ran benchmark

I read a little bit of the JPEG specification documents -- enough to accomplish my goal of converting an abbreviated JPEG and JPEG header buffer back to a full JPEG -- and logged my findings here .  I then re-ran the benchmark on one of these 640x240 files and came up with this with this result:


pi@raspberrypi /opt/vc/src/hello_pi/hello_jpeg $ ./hello_jpeg.bin nukeme.jpg
time_T is 4
Total elapsed milliseconds: 1562
Total frames decoded: 300
Total frames / second is 192.061460

That's looking great.  It needs to be 59.94 frames per second and it is 192.  So it's more than 3X as fast as it needs to be.  This is looking very good.

Now I need to modify some of the LDImage code to use OpenMAX instead of libjpeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment