Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Cobra Command (dedicated) confirmed working with Dexter!

 Very exciting progress to show here.


Thanks to Mike Treu for testing for me!

By the way, not only will this mod work with Dexter, but it will also work with the Sony LDP-1450 which Mike also tested.

The mod replaces 16K on the bottom Data East board with a custom PCB that I designed.  So unfortunately, it will require modifying the game hardware, which I have tried to avoid as much as possible but which was ultimately the only feasible solution I could find for these games (Bega's Battle, Cobra Command and Road Blaster).

After the mod is installed, the game will work with:

  • The original Sony LDP-1000A (yes, I maintained backward compatibility)
  • Dexter
  • Sony LDP-1450 and probably most other Sony players.

No comments:

Post a Comment