Saturday, September 17, 2022

How to kill ants

So, I was using peanut butter as bait for mouse traps in my garage, but ants kept coming and stealing it.  I find it rather ironic that I had to get rid of a second pest (ants) in order to deal with the pest I originally was targeting (mice).

Here's an ant bait recipe I took from another website and modified:

  • 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter
  • 2 teaspoons Borax (yes, the stuff used as a household cleaner; this stuff is the ant poison)
  • A small amount of vegetable oil
Mix the peanut butter and borax together as best as you can.  Add small amounts of vegetable oil until consistency is like the peanut butter was before you added the borax.  This is important to keep the bait from drying out (ants will ignore it if it dries out).  Place bait in the place you see ants (or where ants are known to come steal your mouse bait!!).  Do not interfere with the ants as they take the bait back to their queen.  This will take about 4 days.  Afterwards, the entire colony will be dead.

Day 1



Day 2



Day 3


Day 4



No comments:

Post a Comment